Achievement Behavior Services is a Behavioral Health Care Agency providing services for clients throughout the New York City area, and New Jersey. We are seeking ABA therapists to work with our BCBA’s to implement treatment programs for our patients in home settings.
We coach and mentor ABA therapists so that they can become experts in the field and advance their careers.
- Provide in-home, and community-based Applied Behavioral Analysis therapy
- Collect behavior and skill acquisition data during sessions
- Implement the ABA-based treatment plan formulated by your BCBA supervisor
- Work with your BCBA supervisor to adapt the treatment plan over time
- Be goal-oriented and maintain professionalism in all aspects of your work
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Flexible part-time schedule, often near your home
- Professional development and ongoing training in the growing field of ABA
- A rewarding experience, helping children and their families achieve their goals
- Free CEU’s
- Very supportive staff
- Learn new skills and master your profession
- Access to company library
- Streamlined paperless system to make your life easier
- Direct ABA experience required
- Higher education strongly preferred
- RBT preferred
We’re looking for a life-changing BCBA with the following personal characteristics:
- Adaptable — ABA therapy offers a slew of techniques to choose from. Each child is different, and different times call for different approaches. Adaptability means that the therapist can employ the right ABA strategies for the right child at the right time. This also includes adapting to the needs and abilities of the therapists under your supervision.
- Observant— Advancing a learner from where they are now to where they could be begins with a keen, observant eye. An observant therapist not only perceives the individual learner but also his or her family, educational, and social environment. An observant therapist notices what is missing for the child, whether it be a skill or an element in their environment.
- Motivator— Motivating others is a fundamental skill for a successful ABA therapist. The motivating ABA will know which techniques to apply per child that will best motivate their learning. The motivating ABA will also be capable of nurturing his or her own motivation and that of the family he or she works with.
- Passionate— Working with autism requires tremendous commitment and energy. We are looking for behavioral therapists who see their work as more than a job; they should see it as a cause. We find that this attitude generates the most effective care.
- Compassionate— Compassion is essential to ABA work in general. ABA therapists have to have compassion for both the child and the family to create positive and stable relationships, and help the patient achieve all that they can.
- Professional — This includes fundamental professionalism, such as reliability and timeliness. Professionalism also includes maintaining a positive, healthy, and effective relationship with the patient and their family. Excellent written and verbal communication is vital. It is also important to submit notes and other information in a timely manner.
SHARE OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We want therapists who share our values & company culture:
- Commitment – to our patients, their parents, and each other
- Continual improvement – growing as therapists and as people
- Honesty and integrity – who you are as a person shapes everything that happens between you and your patient
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
- To apply for the position, use the form you see to the right to introduce yourself to us.
- After you click the yellow “Apply” button, you’ll be sent to our thank you page.
- On the thank you page is an email address you will use to send us your resume. Simply send us your resume and we will contact you.
Get in touch to apply for this opportunity
We will keep your information private